Friday 10 December 2010

ah, the french


when i was 15, i came to france. i remember a french lady asking me what language i was speaking. i thought she was asking me on purpose to point out my accent, it seemed evident i was speaking french! now 20 years later, i find myself having trouble ordering butter in this place. the french are constantly reverting to english in order to dialogue with me. i even had to tell a guy three times that i was francophone but he didn't believe me. it turns out my french is a bit too full of slang to be understood here. i'm starting to feel self-conscious...

on another note, we ended up going to a lovely little restaurant, café constant, not too far from the eiffel tower. the well-known prize-winning chef, christian constant, opened this little restaurant because he wanted to cater to those that loved food but wanted a more affordable option. the place was buzzing. the restaurant offered traditional french food. the kids explored new dishes like guinea-fowl and oeuf mollet. we ate every last bite, including the amazing desserts!


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!
    Quelles belles gâteries!
    Comme ils sont beaux et longs tes cheveux Magalie!!!!

    ReplyDelete