Thursday 2 December 2010

Homemade bread



Since we are homebound, I decided to bake some good old Irish Soda Bread thanks to The River Cottage Family Cookbook. If you think that Jamie Oliver is inspiring through his 'laissez-faire" approach to cooking. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall takes it to a whole new level. This amazing guy strives to be self sufficient, even self reliant, not only by growing his own fruits and vegs, but also by fishing and raising his own chickens and pigs. He reminds me of much a good lad in Kingston Town.

You can watch Hugh's television show, the "River Cottage" series, on youtube. His enthusiasm is contagious. He makes me feel like making my own sea salt by gathering jugs of sea water and boiling it down to the crystals! I can only dream of our near future road trip to the UK so we can stop by one of his restaurants and try squirrel or some repulsive looking, yet delicious, seaweed.

But in the meantime, I can't even shovel the snow in the driveway... for there is no shovel!

No comments:

Post a Comment