Wednesday 14 July 2010

one more sleep



We are in Montréal, home of our childhood, only for one more sleep. Tomorrow, we are off for good! It is, as Europe (the band) sang: "the final countdown". Well, necessarily different from that meaning. Now, that you have that melody in your head.T minus 24 hours and counting. The washer is done, the dryer is on its last spins. Most of the suitcases have been zipped. Only a few are waiting to get even more stuffed.
Will I be able to sleep tonight? No!
I will certainly think about everything on my mental checklist. Not to mention the 'what ifs' and the 'intangibles', last but not least the 'forgettables'...

I feel like eating at all my favorite spots before departure: a bagel (need I add 'wood-oven kind'?), a poutine the real kind (no excuses to Bubba's) , un steamé all-dressed from Lafleur, a Montreal Forum toasted mustard relish hot dog, St-Hubert for Colin, Boston Pizza for Alexi, spring rolls for Magalie, Como for Rachel, Chalet Bar-B-Q for myself... Did I mention the Duke?

What shall we expect from Ireland? Tell us! We'll see if you are right...
(fading)
the final countdown, the final countdown, the final countdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment