Tuesday 5 October 2010

Bruins practise

When the Bruins step onto the ice for their training session, I am sitting by the glass in order to appreciate their size and speed. High on his skates, Zdeno Chara towers over Mark Recchi.


Scott Thornton, whose Ma is a Belfast native, is glowing. Milan Lucic (pictured later) is always skating with a grin on his face. He's got a hunched back. It makes him looks like a hyena.


I'm surprised Patrice Bergeron hasn't shaved for the occasion. I also get to see 18 year old Tyler Seguin, pure speed on ice. Trust me, he doesn't need to shave yet. The players go through different drills under the keen eye of Coach Julien.

When the last skaters, scratched for the night's game, get off the ice, it is half noon. Time to grab a bite, I'm freezing.


No comments:

Post a Comment